El Salvador Immersion Trip for Deacons and Wives
Join us for a mission immersion trip to learn more about the people and church in El Salvador and explore how we are linked to the people of Central America in the bonds of global solidarity.
September 29 to October 5, 2018
- Pre-trip orientation
- On-site introduction to the cultural, economic, and political realities of El Salvador
- Walk in the footsteps of the martyrs of Central America, including Archbishop Romero, the U.S. Church Women and Jesuits at UCA
- Visit Maryknoll missionaries, hear their stories of working with the people of Central America and discover how their work in mission connects with yours
- Pastoral visits to homes and hospitals
- Meet the people El Salvador and listen to stories of hope and challenge
- Daily communal prayer, liturgies and theological reflection
- Visits to tourist and cultural sites
- Post-trip debriefing and reflection
- Credits for Continuing Education
- Room, meals and in-country transportation: $900 single, $836 for a double (per person). Once accepted, you will be asked to make a $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Participants are responsible for air travel to and from San Salvador (estimated $650)
- Passport required. (Visa not required)
If you are interested in this trip or future immersion opportunities, please fill out the simple form below!
If you have any additional questions about this or upcoming mission immersion trips please visit Maryknoll Mission Immersion.