Discover the joy and love of Christ in the people of Guatemala!
Every day, these neighbors of ours from Central America make the perilous journey into the United States. Deepen your faith and enliven your ministry through encounter with their hopes, joys, and struggles.
Maryknoll has been witnessing God’s call to mission for over 100 years in combating poverty, providing healthcare, building communities and promoting human rights around the world – we invite you to join us!
Mission Trip to Guatemala • June 14 – 22, 2017
Meet and learn from the lay and religious missioners walking with them, and explore how you can include your own community into a spirit of encounter with our sisters and brothers on the margins.
Teachers / Religious Educators • Catechists • Youth Ministers • Schools
- 9 Days (June 14 – 22, 2017) – mission trip begins and ends in Guatemala City, with occasional day trips via a van. Registration DEADLINE: Apr. 1, 2017
- Package includes: 1) pre-trip orientation; 2) on-site immersion to the cultural, political, religious, economic and realities and context of mission in Guatemala; 3) all-inclusive, in-country accommodations (room, meals and in-country transportation); and 4) post-trip debriefing and reflection.
- $700 per individual
- Participants are responsible for air travel to and from Guatemala City, Guatemala
- U.S. Passport are required (Visa not required)— please check with your doctor regarding vaccines
- Financial assistance available for teachers and ministers in the Archdiocese of Seattle courtesy of the Archdiocesan Missions Office.
What You Can Expect on this Mission Trip…
Curious? Have Questions?
More about this Mission Trip…
- Encounter and relationship building with individuals, families, and communities in Guatemala City, Quiche, and San Marcos
- Professional development in engaging young people in mission
- Faith formation designed to ground service and outreach in the Catholic tradition and faith
- Daily communal prayer, liturgies and theological reflection
Want to Go? Apply Now
More stories & videos of past Guatemala mission trips by Maryknoll.
Major Religions: Roman Catholic, Protestant, indigenous Mayan
Today more than half of Guatemalans are descendants of the indigenous Maya peoples.