Walk in the footsteps of the martyrs of Central America
Join Maryknoll on a mission immersion trip visiting the shrines of Central American martyrs:
- Blessed Archbishop Romero
- The U.S. Church Women
- Jesuits at UCA
During this 7-day pilgrimage retreat, you’ll learn why these wonderful men and women were able to give their lives as witnesses of Jesus Christ, and discover how we’re linked to the hopeful people of Central America via bonds of global solidarity.
Mission Trip to El Salvador • Mar. 20-26, 2019
Ministers / Deacons (& Wives) • Parish/Youth Ministers • Religious Educators
- 7 Days (Mar. 20 – 26, 2019) – mission trip begins and ends in the San Salvador. Registration DEADLINE: Feb. 15, 2019
- Package includes: 1) pre-trip orientation; 2) on-site immersion to the cultural, religious, economic and political realities of El Salvador; 3) all-inclusive, in-country accommodations (room, meals and in-country transportation); and 4) post-trip debriefing and reflection.
- Approximately $900 per individual ($1,672 for couples). Once accepted, you will be asked to make a $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Participants are responsible for air travel to and from San Salvador (estimated at $650)
- U.S. Passport required, Visa not required — please check with your doctor regarding vaccines
What You Can Expect on this Mission Trip…
Curious? Have Questions?
• Ready to Apply •
More about this Mission Trip…
- Visit Maryknoll missionaries, hear their stories of working with the people of Central America and discover how their work in mission connects with yours
- Celebrate with local missionary disciples and engage in pastoral visits to homes and hospitals
- Meet the people of El Salvador and listen to stories of hope and challenge
- Visits to tourist and cultural sites
- Daily communal prayer, liturgies and theological reflection
- Credits for Continuing Education
Major Religions: Roman Catholic and Protestant
The smallest and the most densely populated country in Central America